Unanswered topicsActive topics

What it takes for a graduate to buy a 4/5-room HDB Flat

Discuss all HDB related enquiries, new launch, resale , DIY, selling and buying yourself
kittykelly

What it takes for a graduate to buy a 4/5-room HDB Flat

Post by kittykelly » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:43 am

Hi all, I am not sure if this is the right place to post my question. I am 23 this year, single and I just graduated from NTU. I have yet to find a job... my question is, what is the minimum salary that I should expect from my first job in order to survive, give my parents and eventually save enough to buy a 4/5-room flat HDB (5 would be ideal) for my family? I come from a poor family of 5 staying in a 3 room HDB flat. Quite squeezy. I have a younger brother and a younger sister and they are both in they secondary school. My dad is unable to work due an car accident and is bedridden. My mum is working at a hawker stall. We are barely making ends meet. I am really worried for myself and all of us.. anyone could advise please.

sarah

Re: What it takes for a graduate to buy a 4/5-room HDB Flat

Post by sarah » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:03 am

Why are you asking about minimum salary? What is your skill set? What makes you stand apart from others to demand higher salary? If you have a certain skill, i think salary will be the least of your problem. Company will poach you if you are very good. And i mean very good. So instead of worrying here, get off to a job and built your resume from there. And although i symphatise with your family situation, i think many families have their own problem also. Take one step at a time, do not need to over stress yourself. ;)