Unanswered topicsActive topics

My maid ran away. Anyone with experience on this?

All related maids enquiries, part time helper
lilian

My maid ran away. Anyone with experience on this?

Post by lilian » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:37 am

My maid ran away. Anyone with experience on this? Headache :roll:

anita

Re: My maid ran away. Anyone with experience on this?

Post by anita » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:26 am

Hello Lilian.

The first thing to do would be to contact her friends (if you know any) or her relatives. If you don't have any contacts to people she knows or if they're also clueless about what happened, then you should immediately contact the agency where you got the maid. If in case the maid wasn't from an agency, you should try and contact the person that recommended her to you. Chances are, they might have contact numbers of people that your maid might have ran off to.

Next, you should check to see if anything was taken from your home. There have been incidents wherein a maid stays only for a few months then waits for an opportunity to steal valuables from the house and then run away. Whenever you're going out for the weekend or going out of town, make sure to lock all your doors or put all of your valuables in a safe that's in a well-hidden location. Make sure that your maid doesn't have access to the keys to your room or any of your drawers or your safe.

You should also file a police report. This lets the police know that your maid is missing and that you were not informed about her whereabouts. The police can also track her if she looks for another employer so that they can be quickly notified about the incident. This is also especially useful if your maid came from a foreign country as the police will be able to assist you in repatriating her back to her home country.

Lastly, I suggest that in future, look for a maid that comes from a highly recommended agency since they usually have much more stringent qualifications when it comes to hiring maids. It might be more expensive, but it's better than having to worry about your maid running away at any point in time.