Unanswered topicsActive topics

ry for the senio

3 Room & below HDB for Sales. Owners & agent welcome to advertise
yyys123

ry for the senio

Post by yyys123 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:10 am

SONOMA, Calif. -- As Jamie McMurray turned a corner on the season with a string of solid finishes, he picked Sonoma Raceway as an upcoming track he was looking forward to racing. It seemed like a strange selection considering McMurray has just one top-10 finish at Sonoma in 10 career starts. But he showed his comfort level on the 1.99-mile road course Saturday with a surprise pole-winning run. He topped Marcos Ambrose, a race favourite, with a lap at 94.986 mph. "I felt like Ive always raced really well here," McMurray said of choosing Sonoma as a place he thought he could win this year. "For me, the last restarts have really got me. When you have a restart at this track, guys go from top-five to 30th in about 20 seconds. It can be a track that if you have a caution at the end, you can lose a lot." It was McMurrays ninth career Sprint Cup pole, but first of the year. He also won the pole at Sonoma in 2007. Ambrose wound up second with a lap at 94.924 in NASCARs first use of the group qualifying format. Both Ambrose and McMurray were together in the final group, and Ambrose initially had the pole position. But McMurray snatched it away, and Ambrose made a second attempt to grab it back but came up just short. "The motor quit running coming to the green flag, so I lost all of my momentum coming to the green flag," Ambrose said. "I thought about just bailing out of that lap and trying to roll around for a second lap, but I wasnt sure about engine temperatures and the tires go away so fast. I didnt know if I had already stressed them out and if I could have made up time, so I just went for it." Its not the first engine issue Ambrose has had at Sonoma: He was dominating the race in 2010 and leading under caution when he turned his engine off and lost the race. So he was furious when an engine problem spoiled what he thought would be a pole-winning run for Sundays race. "I pretty much lost my mind there and was really mad and just had to get my composure back to finish the lap off," he said. "It was good enough for the front row, so Im proud of that but disappointed obviously that we didnt get the pole position." Carl Edwards qualified third and was followed by teammate Greg Biffle as Ford drivers took three of the first four spots. Although it was Edwards best qualifying effort at Sonoma, he had thought the new format meant hed get more laps in and have a shot at the pole. "The qualifying format was supposed to be easier on the drivers because we were supposed to get a couple of laps, but my crew chief went ahead and taped the grille off and said that wed just get one lap, so I was really happy with the lap," Edwards said. "I made a couple of little mistakes. I think I could have done better, but, still, its the best position Ive had starting here and to be anywhere near Marcos Ambrose in qualifying at a road race is an honour for me." Defending race winner Clint Bowyer qualified fifth and was followed by Matt Kenseth, Kurt Busch and Joey Logano. Kyle Busch was ninth, and Jeff Gordon rounded out the top 10. NASCAR had previously used group qualifying only in the Nationwide Series but tried it Saturday instead of traditional single-car runs. The drivers were split into eight groups of five or six cars based on practice speeds from Friday, and NASCAR sent them onto the track five seconds apart. The drivers had five minutes to post a fast lap. It was immediately interesting as Victor Cruz Jr., driving for Tommy Baldwin Racing, ran off course and into a barrier to stop the first groups session. "Rookie mistake," he said. There was no mistake for McMurray, who enjoyed watching the qualifying format as he waited for his turn to run. "It was cool how people would bump each other off," he said. When he went out in the final group, he was smooth and steady in his Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet and didnt push too hard. "I was like, Im just going to go out and take what this car will give me and not push it to the very edge," he said. "I drove at about 95 per cent." McMurray teammate Juan Pablo Montoya qualified 13th. Jacques Villeneuve, in the Phoenix Racing entry Kurt Busch drove to a third-place finish last year, qualified 22nd. "It just wasnt quick enough," he said. "We improved the car overnight and I was discovering it and I just didnt drive aggressive enough on the first lap, so there was still a little bit of time, but at least my car was a lot better." Danica Patrick, who has struggled to find speed all weekend and was expected to be strong Sunday, qualified a disappointing 31st. "We picked up from practice. It was loose, especially in the faster part of the course," Patrick said. "But we improved from yesterday and the GoDaddy guys have worked really hard this weekend. Hopefully we have a good day on Sunday." Vapormax Flyknit 3 Scontate . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. Vapormax 2019 Uomo . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. http://www.scarpevapormaxscontate.it/vapormax-plus-italia/vapormax-plus-bianche-saldi.html . At a Manhattan federal court hearing, attorney Jordan Siev said his law office has gotten more evidence nearly every day to support its lawsuit accusing MLB and Selig of going on a "witch hunt" to ruin Rodriguezs reputation and career. He said the defendants went "way over the line. Vapormax Plus 2020 . Dukurs winning time was 1 minute, 45.76 seconds, a quarter-second better than Russias Alexander Tretiakov. Lativas Tomass Dukurs was third, 1.41 seconds off the pace. Jon Montgomery of Eckville, Alta. Vapormax Prezzo Basso . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. DALLAS -- Will Worth has become a dual threat in Navys triple-option offense.While the Midshipmen still stay mainly on the ground, Worth accounted for four touchdowns while becoming the first Navy quarterback with more than 100 yards rushing and 100 yards passing in three consecutive games in a 75-31 victory at SMU on Saturday.Thats been Will. Hes been solid this whole year, coach Ken Niumatalolo said. Im running out of things to say about the kid. Week after week after week he continues to raise up to the challenge and perform well.Worth ran 15 times for 107 yards and three touchdowns, increasing his FBS-leading total to 25 rushing scores while playing only three quarters. The senior completed 5 of 7 passes for 104 yards and the go-ahead TD just before halftime.The Midshipmen (9-2, 7-1, No. 25 CFP), who had already clinched the American Athletic Conference West Division title, will host Temple (9-3, 7-1) in the conference championship game next Saturday.This is exactly where we wanted to be. The entire offseason, this is what we worked for, Worth said. We feel great, just got to keep things rolling right now.SMU (5-7, 3-5) missed a chance to become bowl eligible in its regular-season finale amid rumors coach Chad Morris is a candidate to become Baylors new coach. The Mustangs are 7-17 in two seasons under Morris, who took over after a 1-11 season.This is not about me, this is about these kids in that locker room in there and moving forward, Morris said. Im the football coach at SMU and Im extremely excited about the direction of this program.Navy has won four games in a row, and has consecutive 60-point games for the first time since 1917.Temple won 37-10 over East Carolina on Saturday night to match South Florida for the AAC East lead. The Owls advanced to the title game on the head-to-head tiebreaker since they beat USF last month.After Navys first lost fumble in five games led to a touchdown that put SMU up 24-21 late in the first half, the Midshipmen responded with 47 unanswered points.Worths 8-yard TD pass to Jamir Tillman with 6 seconds left in the first half put the Midshipmen ahead to stay. They scored twice in less than a minute right after halftime, on 255-pound fullback Shawn Whites 50-yard run and Justin Norths 25-yard interception return.ddddddddddddProud of the way our teams fighting right now, Niumatalolo said. I just feel like were still improving as a football team and I like where were at this point in the season.THE TAKEAWAYNavy: The Midshipmen, still in contention for a Cotton Bowl berth if they win the AAC title game, had a season-high 496 yards rushing and averaged 10.3 yards per carry, with six players rushing for TDs. It was a record 37th victory for the senior class, which still has three more games to play. They had matched last years seniors, who had tied the 36 wins by the Class of 1909.SMU: While a disappointing way to finish the season, the Mustangs have clearly improved under Morris. They had won three of four, including a win over Houston, before consecutive losses to AAC division leaders. Now they wait to see if Morris stays for a third season.SOME BIG NUMBERSWorth tied the program record with his seventh consecutive 100-yard rushing game. ... SMU finished the season with a 1,000-yard rusher (Braeden West) and 1,000-yard receiver (Courtland Sutton) for the first time since 2011. ... The 496 yards rushing marks the 10th-best total in Navy history, and the Midshipmen had their most points since scoring 76 against East Carolina in 2010. They were over 500 yards rushing before losing 5 yards when kneeling down on three consecutive plays after getting the ball back with 1:30 left.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Midshipmen, who moved to 25th in the College Football Playoff rankings last week, could move back into the AP Top 25 after being unranked the past four weeks. Five teams lost this weekend that were ranked 17th through 25th in the current AP poll, in which Navy was among the top teams in others receiving votes.UP NEXTNavy hosts Temple for the AAC championship game next Saturday, then plays Army on Dec. 10 in Baltimore.---More AP college football at www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '