Unanswered topicsActive topics

hing about the NFL sometimes. Y

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
elaine95

hing about the NFL sometimes. Y

Post by elaine95 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:31 am

The New York Jets are in an all-too familiar position: keeping their fingers crossed while waiting on MRI results.Running back Le'Veon Bell is the latest player causing some concern after he had one of his knees tested Monday. It was not immediately certain if it could force him to miss some time. Coach Adam Gase thought the Jets would know more Monday night or Tuesday morning."I don't want to get too alarmed with Le'Veon without any information Football Isaiah Prince Jersey ," Gase said. "It could be nothing and he just felt like something didn't feel right. It could be something else. It's hard for me to go anywhere with it mentally just because I feel like it's just so gray."Gase was unsure when Bell was injured during New York's 26-18 loss at Miami on Sunday. Gase learned of it Monday morning when Bell had to miss team meetings to undergo the tests."He never said anything to me during the game or said anything to me after the game," the coach said. "I'm not really sure the extent of this."Bell had 66 yards on 17 carries and caught eight passes for 55 yards against the Dolphins a week after he was frustrated with getting only 11 touches in New York's loss at Jacksonville.The Jets have been hit hard this season by injuries with linebackers C.J. Mosley, Avery Williamson, Neville Hewitt and Blake Cashman, wide receiver Quincy Enunwa, left tackle Kelvin Beachum, center Ryan Kalil, tight end Chris Herndon, defensive end Henry Anderson, cornerback Trumaine Johnson and left guard Kelechi Osemele all missing time with injuries this season. Williamson, Enunwa and Cashman are out for the year, and Osemele has been since released after a conflict over whether he should have shoulder surgery now or after the season.Quarterback Sam Darnold has also dealt with a few health setbacks, including a month-long bout with mononucleosis Isaiah Prince Miami Dolphins Jerseys , needing the toenail on his left big toe removed and he's now playing with a sprained left thumb.While the Jets wait to hear the news on Bell, Gase said nose tackle Steve McLendon was still being evaluated for a neck injury.The coach is hoping Beachum (ankle) and Herndon (hamstring) will be able to practice this week. Beachum has missed the past three games, while Herndon has yet to play after being suspended the first four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy and then injuring a hamstring. Herndon was dressed in uniform against the Dolphins, but Gase said that was simply because the Jets already had their seven inactive spots filled with injured players."He seemed to feel good before the game," Gase said. "We'll see if that helps build on his confidence on where he's at with his injury."NOTES: Gase said the team would deal internally with a post Sunday on Instagram by CB Darryl Roberts, who criticized "fake" fans for being negative during the team's struggles. Roberts used some questionable language in the post. Gase said Roberts was not in danger of being released, as Cleveland did with Jermaine Whitehead on Monday after he made several threatening and expletive-laden posts on Twitter on Sunday. "It's really not something that we're looking for our guys to do," Gase said of Roberts. DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Miami Dolphins defensive coordinator Matt Burke has spent the week patching up things, and not just because his unit is on pace to allow more yards than any team in franchise history.Two-time Pro Bowl safety Reshad Jones mysteriously took himself out of last week’s win over the New York Jets and watched the second half from the sideline. In the aftermath, coach Adam Gase said communication problems between Burke and players needed to be addressed.“Obviously there was some sort of disconnect,” Burke said Thursday. “We’ve had a lot of conversations — the whole defense and myself, Reshad and myself Miami Dolphins Jerseys Stitched , Adam and myself. I think we’re all on the same page.”Jones declined to say why he became a spectator, but he apparently was unhappy with Burke’s plan to rotate safeties against the Jets. Burke said he’s confident that if the decision is for Jones to share playing time Sunday at Green Bay, the veteran will accept that.Gase, who seemed to side with Jones in the aftermath of last week’s standoff, agreed the issue has been resolved.“We did everything we need to get straightened out and moved on,” Gase said. “Sometimes you have to go through all of this kind of stuff during a season. Sometimes it gets aired out publicly. That’s the hardest thing about the NFL sometimes. You have to bounce back. We got what we needed fixed, and we’re moving on to the next game.”Jones has been a starter for Miami since 2011 and a defensive leader. Burke said he doesn’t believe Jones’ standing within the team has been harmed.“I know he has had conversations with his teammates on how he’s going to move forward,” Burke said. “I don’t see an issue with that.”Even if the matter is now in the rearview mirror, Burke has plenty of other problems. The Dolphins held the woeful Jets without a touchdown , but before that their defense had been awful for several weeks in a row.They rank 26th in league overall, 28th in run defense and 22nd in pass defense. They’re allowing 394 yards per game, more than the team’s record-high average of 383 in 2016, the year before Burke became coordinator.The Dolphins have allowed 107 points in their past three road games Super Bowl Isaiah Prince Jersey , and now they visit Aaron Rodgers and the Packers , who are ranked sixth in offense.Rodgers, ever the pro, managed to find nice things to say about Miami’s defensive, specifically Jones’ secondary.“They’ve made a lot of plays on the ball,” Rodgers said. “They do a nice disguise package. They play some different coverages behind some of their pressures.”The saving grace for the Dolphins’ defense is that they have 15 interceptions, including four last week. They’re on pace to the lead the league for the first time in franchise history.Burke believes that for his defense, the best is yet to come.“I hope so,” he said. “Hope is not a strategy, but you hope the trend from last week is where we’re heading more than weeks prior. If we execute and perform the way we performed last week, we’ll have a chance to put a decent showing together.”