Unanswered topicsActive topics

preseason prognosticators predicted the 2018 Dolphins would finish with a losing record, and a wave of injuries complica

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
elaine95

preseason prognosticators predicted the 2018 Dolphins would finish with a losing record, and a wave of injuries complica

Post by elaine95 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:35 am

The Miami Dolphins’ defense was impressive - especially considering the starters who were not playing - through most of the team’s 16-14 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Friday night. While the..." 2019 Miami Dolphins Game Recaps2019 Miami Dolphins Preseason2019 Miami Dolphins Depth ChartDolphins defense led by first-year linebacker Sam Eguavoen against BuccaneersNew Minkah Fitzpatrick Jersey ,92commentsEDTThe Miami Dolphins’ defense was impressive - especially considering the starters who were not playing - through most of the team’s 16-14 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Friday night. While the game felt really slow all night - at least up until the last few minutes - Miami’s defense, while not perfect, was the highlight of the game, with pressure being created and players constantly crashing to the ball. Jerome Baker continues to look like a beast at linebacker, but it was another starter at linebacker that was the real story of the game.First-year player Sam Eguavoen constantly made plays on the night. “Just playing fearless,” Eguavoen said after the game. “That’s one thing (Head Coach Brian Flores) pointed out to me on my film. He knows I’m a good player. It’s just that I need to unleash the beast. I need to play fearless out there. I had my first NFL game ever last week, so coming into this week I just wrote on my walls – just play fearless. It’s football. There’s 11 people out there, so I have 10 other defenders who have my back, so I’m taking my shots.”He definitely took his shots. He finished the game with seven tackles, two for a loss, and a forced fumble. On the fumble, which was recovered by cornerback Eric Rowe, Eguavoen stated, “I knew we needed to get off the field. I didn’t know I was going to get a forced fumble. I just had a clean shot on the running back coming into the flat, wrapped him up and he was carrying the ball poorly, so it came out and Rowe was their to scoop it up.”Eguavoen also recorded a tackle on special teams.The Dolphins signed Eguavoen this offseason after he spent three years playing in the Candaian Football League for the Saskatchewan Roughriders. He played collegiate football at Texas Tech, but was undrafted in 2015. Miami has a history of finding stud defensive players after they develop in the CFL. Defensive end Cameron Wake Mike Gesicki Jersey , now playing for the Tennessee Titans, was a CFL product after failing to make the New York Giants roster as an undrafted free agent linebacker out of Penn State in 2005. He played for Miami from 2009 through 2018, recording 98 career sacks, 358 tackles, one interception, 15 passes defensed, 22 forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries. He was selected to five Pro Bowls during his time with Miami, and was a First-Team All-Pro selection in 2012. Can Eguavoen be the next CFL product to start for the Dolphins?He played 48 snaps during the contest, the most of any defender, along with 12 on special teams. Miami got their money’s worth from Eguavoen during the game, and he did not disappoint. The team had been playing him with Baker and the first team defense at times during training camp, and he showed why on Friday. Eguavoen is clearly on the Miami roster when cuts come at the end of the regular season. At this point, he looks like he is not only making the team, but should be starting for them in Week 1. The Miami Dolphins‘ coaching carousel is spinning again.Adam Gase was fired Monday as part of the latest organizational shake-up after the Dolphins finished 7-9 and missed the playoffs for the 15th time in 17 years. Owner Stephen Ross ordered a roster overhaul and acknowledged it may take several seasons to build a winner.Ross demoted executive vice president of football operations Mike Tannenbaum. General manager Chris Grier, who has been with the team in various capacities for 19 seasons, was given more authority and will oversee football operations while reporting directly to Ross.The team said it will immediately conduct a search for Gase’s successor Jason Sanders Jersey , who will report to Grier under the team’s new, more streamlined leadership structure.More Miami Dolphins newsRally led by FitzMagic comes up short for DolphinsDolphins can’t hang with explosive Cowboys in QB Josh Rosen’s 1st start with MiamiDolphins QB Josh Rosen will reportedly start in place of Ryan Fitzpatrick vs. CowboysDolphins’ excruciating start to season continuesDolphins can’t contain Patriots as Antonio Brown scores in debutThe next coach will be the Dolphins’ 10th since 2004, including three interim coaches. This time, Ross said, will be different.“Today we’re no further along than when I bought the team,” said Ross, who became majority owner a decade ago. “I thought it was time for the organization to take a different approach.”Ross, 78, said he’s willing to be patient because the Dolphins’ win-now philosophy hasn’t worked, and he wants a longer-term view regarding player personnel decisions.In the past the Dolphins counted on free agents to get over the hump and instead became stuck on a treadmill of mediocrity. They’ve finished with six to eight wins in nine of the past 10 seasons, and haven’t won a playoff game since 2000.“To keep operating under that philosophy would be like the definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting a different result,” Ross said. “What I want is sustained winning seasons. That’s what the fans want and deserve. We’re going to build this organization based on our needs, and if it takes a year or so, two years, three years, we’re going to be there.”The approach makes sense given the Dolphins are likely starting over at quarterback. Ryan Tannehill has been with Miami since 2012 but has never taken a postseason snap, and he’s widely expected to be traded or released because of an escalating salary.Gase went 23-26 with Miami Raekwon McMillan Jersey , including a playoff game in 2016. After the 2018 Dolphins beat New England on the play of the season — a pass and double lateral for a touchdown as time ran out — they were outscored 100-41 in their final three games by other also-ran teams, including a 42-17 loss at Buffalo on Sunday that sealed Gase’s fate.“Probably one of the toughest decisions I’ve made,” Ross said. “He worked his tail off, and unfortunately things didn’t go the way we all hoped.”Tannenbaum, who held his job for four years and was involved with several disappointing drafts, was reassigned within the organization.Grier, the GM for the past three seasons, said the team will “investigate every avenue” in pursuing a coach, and said NFL experience wasn’t a necessity. Grier said he’s committed to Ross’ new, more patient approach in building a winner.“It’s knowing who you want to be,” Grier said. “You have a vision for what your team wants to be, and you stay with it.”Most preseason prognosticators predicted the 2018 Dolphins would finish with a losing record, and a wave of injuries complicated Gase’s task. The Dolphins lost 13 key players to season-ending injuries, including two top offensive linemen, their best run stopper, top cornerback Xavien Howard and explosive receivers Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant. Tannehill missed five games.There’s already speculation the 40-year-old Gase will be coaching another team in 2019, and his supporters argue he overachieved this season Laremy Tunsil Jersey , given the quality of the Dolphins’ roster.They were outgained by 1,619 yards, worst in franchise history, and outscored by 114 points. They ranked 31st in the NFL in offense, also a franchise worst, and 29th in defense, allowing a franchise-record 6,257 yards.Gase went 7-1 in one-score games, and 20-6 in three seasons. But his record in games decided by more than one score was 3-20, including 0-8 this season. His teams struggled especially on the road, losing their final seven away games this year while being outscored 248-117.Gase was seen as a rising young star when the Dolphins hired him, and even more so after they went 10-6 in his first season and made the playoffs for the only time since 2008.But they regressed to 6-10 in 2017, when Tannehill missed the entire season following knee surgery. And the poor finish this season raised questions about whether Gase had lost the support of some players.News of his firing was applauded by at least a couple of Dolphins discards. Cleveland Browns receiver Jarvis Landry tweeted emojis laughing so hard they cried. Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Jordan Phillips did the same and added, “YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”The dynamic Wilson, who missed the final nine games because of a hip injury, had a different perspective on Gase’s departure.“A full year I could (have) shown how much of a genius he was!” Wilson tweeted.